Greece Permanent Residence Permit Programme
Located at the southernmost part of the Balkan Peninsula in Southeastern Europe, Greece covers an area of 131,957 square kilometers. As the birthplace of European civilization, it has built one of the world’s most long-standing civilizations, which is not only a valuable cultural legacy to its offspring but also a priceless treasure to all humankind. It boasts a beautiful 13,676-kilometer-long coastline and approximately 6,000 islands and islets scattered throughout the Aegean Sea, the Ionian Sea and the Mediterranean Sea. Whether on the mainland or one of the many islands, Greece offers you a chance to ramble on beaches of soft sand and waves while enjoying ample sunshine and stunning views of rugged mountains meeting enchanting seas. When the evening lights are lit, a more romantic atmosphere is difficult to imagine. As the Greek motto goes, one would rather die than live without freedom, a sentiment that is easy to appreciate amidst such a charming surroundings.
In April of 2013, the Greek Parliament passed the Residence Permit in Greece by Real Estate Acquisition or Strategic Investment Law No. 4146/2013, which provides that citizens of Non-EU countries that purhase Greek real estate property with a minimum value of €250,000 can request a five-year residence permit. Provided that the applicant still owns the property, the residence permits can be renewed for another five-year period. Attracted by this favorable policy, Asian investors are flocking to Greece, investing in real estate and acquiring residence permits. Since Greece is one of the 27 EU member states and also a member of the Schengen Area, the residence permit issued by the Greek government will be provide valid visa-free access to the whole European Union and Schengen Area.
Policy & Application Requirements
In July of 2015, the Greek Parliament voted to pass the Amendment to the Immigration Act (No. 4332/2015), which provides that adult foreign nationals who invest in the purchase of real estate property priced at €250,000 or more in the Greek territories, are entitled to five-year residence permit, including their spouses and children up to 21 years old, as well as the parents of both the main applicant and their spouse. This residence permit is valid for five years and can be renewed subsequently every five years, provided that the property is still in the ownership of the applicant.
Advantages of the Programme
- Benefit for the Entire Family: The whole family can obtain residence permits through a single application.
- Lowest Investment: Obtain residence permits with the lowest required investment amount among Schengen Zone.
- Easy Procedure: No requirement for education, language level, business backgrounds or proof of funds.
- Short Application Period: 2-3 months’ time before approval.
- Stable Investment Without Risk: Invest in immovable properties, potential to increase value, and able to rent freely.
- No Residence Requirement: Entering Greece before application is the only requirement.
- Friendly and Comfortable Living Environment: Ranked one of the friendliest countries in the world with the lowest crime rates in Europe
- Access to the Same Free Public Healthcare as Greek Citizens.
- High-quality Education: Free access to Greek public schools during the compulsory education period or freely choose from the prestigious international schools.
- Privilege to Joining the Greek Nationality: Investors in Greece can apply for naturalization after 7 years of legal residence (children in Greece with 6 years of public education or more can apply for naturalization).